General Secretary’s Office Manager/Director
As part of the General Secretary’s Office (GSO), provide support to the General Secretary in various aspects of the Bible Society’s work in the areas of community relations, governance, compliance, and general administration. This includes various communications and liaison functions, capability development, administrative support, relationship management with churches and other organisations, as well as supporting other special projects and initiatives when needed.
Key areas of Responsibility
- Assist the General Secretary in conceptualising and producing various written and regular content relevant to the GSO and the Bible Society as a whole.
- Collaborate with and support the wider United Bible Societies fellowship and its communication needs as directed by BSS management.
- Represent the Bible Society when relating with external agencies.
- Liaise with external agencies for matters relating to the General Secretary or the Bible Society.
- Support the production and administrative work required for GSO and Society-wide projects, both in organisation and execution.
- Provide secretarial support for management and Board meetings.
- Provide general oversight across the Bible Society’s operations as directed by the General Secretary.
- Manage the volunteers’ and internship programme – Sowers-in-Action (SIA).
- Establish SIA chapters in churches & other institutions.
- Involve in the establishment of community relations, especially among Christian NGO.
- Devise mechanisms and secretarial support to update and administer the Society’s internal policies, processes and procedures, including compliance with the Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA).
- Any other duties as assigned by the General Secretary/ CEO.
- Diploma or Degree holder with at least three years of working experience.
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; comfortable with formal business writing
- Ability to communicate with a wide spectrum of people across all levels of seniority
- Self-starter with a good eye for detail and a strong ability to multi-task
- A good team player who is responsible and positive, able to work under tight deadlines
- Organised and possessing good analytical and critical-thinking skills
- Adaptable and fast learner
- Excellent command in Microsoft Office competencies preferred
- Bilingual in English and Mandarin an advantage