Jeremiah was a small boy when his mother died. But he was old enough to feel his heart breaking. "After my mother's death, nobody loved me," Jeremiah explains.
At first, the devastated child was sent to live with his uncle in a small village in Bangladesh. His house was made of bamboo and hay, and they never seemed to have enough food. Jeremiah longed to know someone loved him.
Eventually, his uncle took Jeremiah to a local orphanage. That's where Jeremiah found out about God's love through Scriptures that were provided by Bible Societies. "I'm glad to receive this Bible. I read [it] every day. I love my Bible," he says.
"I gave my life to Jesus," Jeremiah says. "I love Jesus, and I want to follow him every day."
Jeremiah is one of thousands of children around the world who now know about the love and hope Jesus Christ came to give. Through the generous donations of our supporters, The Bible Society of Singapore is able to support Bible projects across the globe that introduce desperate children to God through Scriptures.
Together, we are:
- Supporting engagement programmes for at-risk children in Nepal
- Helping Christian children in Pakistan to grow in their faith and stand firm in Christ
- Offering hope and guidance to orphans in Christian orphanages throughout India
- Encouraging children and youth in Bangladesh to develop a personal relationship with God
- Distributing free children's Bibles to primary schools in Egypt
- Enabling children and youth across Turkey to engage with the Word through the SAT-7 TV channel
- Equipping parents and NextGen ministry leaders in Singapore through programmes like the D6 Family Conference, our NextGen Ministries, and Colours of the Bible
Every effort reveals God's forgiveness to hurting children through Scriptures and shows God's love to "the least of these."